One of the key points of DevOps is to have a good coverage of unit tests. These tests are automated and fast and guarantee a higher level of confidence in the quality of the application code. But if the application is coded without following certain principles, the developer is quickly stuck creating unit tests. There is then a ceiling of achievable code coverage. The SOLID principles allow you to solve this problem:
- Single Responsibility Principle (SRP)
- Open / Closed Principle (OCP)
- Liskov Substitution Principle (LSP)
- Interface Segregation Principle (ISP)
- Dependency Inversion Principle (DIP)
They also bring other very important benefits, as you will see.